- Simply White® Toothpaste
- Simply White® Toothpaste Gel
- Children's Toothpaste
- Fluoride-Free Children's Toothpaste
- Fluoride-Free Antiplaque & Whitening Toothpaste
- Fluoride-Free Antiplaque & Whitening Toothpaste Gel
- Whole Care® Toothpaste
- Whole Care® Toothpaste Gel
- Wicked Cool!™ Toothpaste
- Fluoride-Free Wicked Cool!™ Toothpaste
- Wicked Fresh!™ Toothpaste
- Maximum Strength Sensitive Toothpaste
- Fluoride-Free Sensitive Toothpaste
- Cavity Protection Toothpaste
- Fluoride-Free Propolis & Myrrh Toothpaste
- Fluoride-Free Botanically Bright™ Toothpaste
- Clean & Gentle Toothpaste
- Travel Natural Toothpaste
- Fluoride-Free Travel Natural Toothpaste
- Toddler Training Toothpaste
- Enamel Strength® Toothpaste
What’s Not in Our Products
Our commitment to our customers is also defined by the ingredients we avoid and the ingredient choices we offer.
Because we do not add artificial colors, the appearance of our products may vary from batch to batch.
Artificial Flavors or Fragrances
We do not use any synthetic flavors or fragrances. Our customers prefer the fresh, natural taste and smell of herbs, fruits, and flowers (or no fragrance at all!).
Artificial preservatives (EDTA, formaldehyde, parabens, etc.)
Natural preservatives work as well or better than artificial alternatives.
Our support of non-animal-testing models also includes the belief that we don't need to use animal ingredients to create effective products. Just one example: glycerin, used in toothpastes and soaps, is often made from animal ingredients, but ours is vegetable-based.Read More
We’ve always respected and welcomed our customers’ values and priorities. Tom’s of Maine product certifications reflect important choices we offer in response.
The American Dental Association's Seal of Acceptance, first awarded in 1931, is a trusted symbol of a dental product's safety and effectiveness. In order to earn the Seal, manufacturers must submit studies that demonstrate equivalent safety and effectiveness results to those of a clinically tested product; maintain manufacturing and laboratory facilities up to established safety and purity standards; and submit ingredient lists and product information for review and approval.
In 1995, our original formula with fluoride was deemed safe and effective by the American Dental Association (ADA), becoming the first natural toothpaste to bear the ADA's Seal of Acceptance. Since then, many more of our products have earned the Seal.Read More
At Tom's of Maine, we are as serious about good science and effective products as we are about our belief in sustainability and social responsibility. Our team of distinguished dentists, scientists, and herbal experts are leaders in their fields, and their innovative methods and extensive research result in effective natural products that deliver key benefits using plants and minerals.
Please take a peek into the professional activities of our product research and development team (both past and present)— we're very proud of the work they do.Read More