A naturally healthy life doesn't just happen. It comes from making thoughtful decisions on what to do—and what not to do. That's how we approach our ingredient selection when creating safe and effective products for you. We work very hard to find and combine the best naturally sourced and naturally derived ingredients, guided by a process we call our Stewardship Model.
Every ingredient we use goes through our Stewardship review process, which directs our standards for creating natural, safe, and effective products. Packaging choices are also guided by the Stewardship Model as we are always striving to improve sustainability.
As part of our commitment to continuous improvement we have updated our Stewardship Model to make it easier to understand. Rest assured that the underlying standards and process have not changed, but we wanted language that more directly spoke to the two areas the Stewardship Model guides: Formula and Packaging. As always, we carefully consider your feedback! We welcome your input on how we can do more good for you, your community and our planet. Let us know what you think of the updated language!
Our Formula Standards: Natural, Safe and Effective
- Ingredients sourced and derived from nature
- Formulas free of artificial flavors, fragrances, colors, sweeteners and preservatives as well as *animal ingredients. (read our full policy here)
- Not tested on animals
- Honesty in purpose and source of all ingredients.
- Ingredient processing that supports human and environmental health
*A few of our products contain beehive ingredients. Beeswax and/or propolis are found in floss, Propolis & Myrrh toothpastes, Peppermint Botanically Bright toothpaste, and Natural Strength Deodorants.
Our Packaging Standards: Safe and Sustainable
- Reducing packaging waste through the development of recyclable, reusable and compostable options.
- Responsibly designed packaging without added BPA