Tom’s of Maine introduces a patent-pending new formula with the launch of its Natural Clean & Gentle Care and Sensitive Care toothpastes
New Ingredient Creates a Natural Foaming Experience
Kennebunk, Maine – March 11, 2008
Tom’s of Maine, a leader in natural oral and body care, announced a patent-pending breakthrough formula in its new Natural Clean & Gentle Care and Natural Sensitive Care Toothpastes.
Tom Chappell, cofounder & CEO of Tom’s of Maine, announced the discovery, stating, “Tom’s of Maine is always looking for new ways to work in nature and use the best it has to offer to create great, effective products. Whenever we make a discovery we measure it against our Stewardship Model, which sets our standards for natural, sustainable, and responsible. The Tom’s research team has discovered that the natural ingredient glycyrrhizin, from purified licorice root, creates a natural foaming experience for dispersing ingredients in the mouth. Glycyrrhizin needs no additional processing and is gentle on gums – great news for those looking for a gentle brushing experience!”
Tom’s of Maine’s new Clean & Gentle Care offers a variety of benefits:
- Soothing brushing experience – We’ve added xylitol (from birch trees or corn), gentle glycerin, and organic aloe for their soothing properties.
- Mild natural flavor – Delicious natural flavor oils leave your mouth feeling clean and fresh.
- Sensitive to the planet – We use recycled and recyclable packaging and invest in wind energy to power our factory.
- SLS-free – The foaming properties of glycyrrhizin replace the need for SLS (which may, for some people, occasionally be irritating) or an SLS alternative.
Tom’s of Maine’s new Sensitive Care also offers, in addition to the benefits listed above:
- Reduced sensitivity – We use clinically proven potassium nitrate, a naturally occurring mineral, to reduce sensitivity in teeth.
The following new Tom’s of Maine products are now available in stores or by finding online retailers at our store locator:
- Natural Clean & Gentle Care Anticavity plus Whitening SLS-free Fluoride toothpaste – available in Peppermint and Fennel
- Natural Clean & Gentle Care Anticavity plus Dry Mouth Soother SLS-free Fluoride toothpaste – available in Apricot and Lemon-Lime
- Natural Clean & Gentle Care Antiplaque plus Whitening SLS-free Fluoride-Free toothpaste – available in Cinnamon-Clove and Spearmint
- Sensitive Care Antiplaque SLS-free toothpaste – available in Wintermint and our newest flavor, Black Currant
About Tom's of Maine
Founded in Kennebunk, Maine, by Tom and Kate Chappell in 1970, Tom's of Maine creates effective personal care products using simple, natural ingredients derived from plants and minerals. Tom's of Maine products—toothpaste, mouthwash, floss, deodorant, and soap—do not contain artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colors, flavors, or animal ingredients; are tested for safety and efficacy without the use of animals; are biodegradable; and are packaged in earth-friendly ways. Our philosophy of "Natural Care" guides us in doing what is right for our customers, employees, communities, and environment. We fulfill our Natural Care mission by donating 10% of our profits to charitable organizations; by encouraging our employees to use 5% of their paid time in volunteer work; by adhering to our standards of natural, sustainable, and responsible; and by not testing on animals.
If you need any additional information about Tom's of Maine, please contact Susan Dewhirst, Media and Public Relations Leader. The best way to reach Susan is by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can also be reached by phone at 207-467-2406.
For all other questions comments, please contact our Consumer Dialogue Department by email or at 800-367-8667.